Please sign in to post.

Women's World Cup 2019 - Post Match Transportation

Hi, my friends and I will be staying in Paris for the group matches during the WWC. Two of the matches are at 9 PM, in Reims and in Le Havre), meaning we won't leave the stadium until 11-11:30 PM. In my research it looks like the last train to Paris leaves Reims around 9-10 PM. Does anyone know if there are going to be additional trains/buses/anything running back to Paris from at least these two cities post-match? We are very concerned, mostly because the morning after those matches we will be traveling elsewhere and need to be back in Paris.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by
1 posts

Hello,

I am also in the same boat, I had the game time wrong when I was planning my trip. I have tickets to the game one Reims, and I have a hotel booked in Paris. I’m looking into private transportation to get back, that could drop me off at my hotel. Have you found anything or figured out what you’re doing, maybe we can work something out together?

Thank you

Posted by
11033 posts

Have you asked your lodging host/mgr what solution(s) may be available? Being there they would have an easier time of finding out what, if any, special bus/trains or whatever may be planned

Posted by
3 posts

So after a month of Googling, emailing, calling and posting, I FINALLY have an answer for this. There is no pre-arranged transportation back to Paris from either Reims or Le Havre that I have found. I received a response from SCNF (the train company) that said there are no extended hours for trains back to Paris. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in France and FIFA for this oversight btw. Even in my podunk town (Sacramento), I can find a party bus to go to any game in the Bay Area (2 hours away). But apparently not in France, even though people keep telling me that the country's transit system is sooooo extensive. Apparently not when there are 9 PM matches (and wtf? 9 PM matches? Who's bright idea was that?).

Anyhow, my solution for the 7 of us going to these matches is that we rented a van in Paris and we will be driving to and from Reims and Le Havre on match days. It's ridiculous and I'm not happy about it, but it was the cheapest option by far (about $150 each match day for a 7 person van). There are private transport companies but they were quite expensive.

I wish I could offer you a seat to the match, but our van is full unfortunately. Good luck and let me know what you end up doing. It's probably cheapest to get an inexpensive room in Reims and take and early train back to Paris. That was our last resort, but we didn't want to do it because we are going on a side trip to Scotland after the match and we didn't want to rush home to Paris in the AM.

Posted by
32519 posts

Glad you found a solution, I would have stayed in places and not tried to get back afterwards each time.

But on the other hand 150 dollars or even €150 divided 7 ways is only 21.40 whichevers per person round trip. Far cheaper than the train. Even if you add in parking. And tolls.

Maybe that would have been a good suggestion in the first place.

Posted by
752 posts

How fortunate to be able to get a van! There will be match day events in Reims, so worth arriving early to enjoy the atmosphere. And also to be sure you can find parking for the van. What model is it? You may want to inquire with the Reims Office de Tourisme to see if you can reserve van parking in advance, and to find out which lots have van parking. These spaces might be limited because of vehicle height.

Such an exciting time to be in France!

Posted by
3 posts

I don’t have a specific plan for parking yet (2 weeks to plan before this match) , but I know from other research that it’s not going to be an issue. My van is not large at all and can fit in any space. If you look up the stadium there is a blurb about parking.

Posted by
1 posts

I also have tickets to US v Thailand and mistakenly bought train tickets back to Paris for 9:12p. Has anyone heard of any options for busses or alternate transportation?

Posted by
2 posts

Because of the late time of the match, we found an Airbnb in Reims not far from the TGV station. To be fair, I booked this late last year, but i wasn’t able to find transport back to Paris that night. Campsites may be available, but those will likely fill up fast.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi all - I’m trying to find transportation returning from Le Havre to Paris following the round of 16 game on June 23. It sounds logistically challenging but if any of you discover other options I would appreciate your help or even know of a shared car with space for one more. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Cara

Posted by
1 posts

Wondering if anyone will be at the reihms match on June 24th and returning to Paris that night. The last train is sold out which was a bit early as it is. My husband and I will be there and wondering if we could carpool back.Happy to pay our share ++.

Posted by
3 posts

Hi Irene
My husband and I are on the same boat as you.
I'd love to learn if you've discovered any solutions or if you're still looking to possibly share cost of car rental.
Maybe we can connect tomorrow to talk ?
-Audrey

Posted by
2 posts

Audrey and Irene- We are searching too! We would definitely go in on a van if you all want to carpool together.

• Megan
Posted by
2 posts

Hi US Fans!

Also looking for transportation for 2 from Paris to the game and back on Monday June 24th. Totally willing to pay in a car pool situation. Also willing to search out solutions! Could leave for the game as early as 2:00 pm. Anyone interested? Let me know!

Alison

Posted by
2 posts

Hey Everyone!

U.S. Soccer has arranged for a shuttle bus round trip from Paris to Reims for the game through Universe. If you were emailed your tickets today, you should have received a follow up email tonight with the details and how to RSVP for the shuttle. Hope this info helps!

Let’s go USA!

Posted by
3 posts

Shucks!

Made (and prepaid/no refunds) for other plans including rental car, overnight stay in Epernay and train back to Paris on 25th. Would have LOVED to shuttle with all of you! But too late, unfortunately.

GO USA!
-Audrey

Posted by
1 posts

Has anyone had luck booking the Universe shuttle that Allison mentions? I bought my tickets through FIFA but hope I can use this shuttle service. Thank you!

Posted by
2 posts

Anyone figure out a car for tomorrow?

I may go with one of the more expensive private driver options.

Please call me if you’d like to go in on it together.

864-520-9589

Posted by
2 posts

We have room for two to Reims and back. Call or text at 864-520-9589 and we can give details.

AC, Mercedes van with a driver who will wait.

Haro, Mariam and our kids

Posted by
1 posts

Hi all -

Trying to figure out transportation to the final match from Paris to Lyon if it's feasible. Can't find an affordable train there. Curious if anyone here is carpooling or is there's any sort of shuttle situations provided by US Soccer to accommodate the mostly sold out trains and planes.

Thanks!

Posted by
6783 posts

To get to Lyon you can take your chances on the slow train from Paris Bercy to Lyon. Takes about five hours, costs about 70 euros. You'd have to get to the station half an hour before, at least, to have a better chance to get a seat... Or even to get on.
For a bit more money, close to 100, you can take TGV to Dijon Ville just before 10AM, then slow train to Lyon (book separately). This can get you to Lyon before 3PM, with a greater chance of finding seats.
Or, have you checked buses? And popular carpooling site BlaBlaCar?

Now, where would you stay/go after the game??