Please sign in to post.

wine tours in Bordeaux

I will be staying in Bordeaux for several days in May. I would like to take a wine tour. Suggestions please?

Posted by
5581 posts

I am also planning a trip to Bordeaux so I'll be watching your post for responses. I've heard that the St. Emillion area for wine is recommended. I've also read that there is a wine museum with a tour and tasting. There are two wine museums and Musee de Vin http://www.museeduvinbordeaux.com/who-are-we-2/ seems to be the one most recommended. I hope you will post information after your trip because we don't go until September. :)

Posted by
2299 posts

hi cheri
you can check getyourguide.com
we have used them in different cities of europe and been pleased with them. they may have wine tasting/tours, wait till you get there; ask your hotel for a recommendation or visit a tourist office. you may also find someone like a taxi driver/shuttle that is willing to do a private tour. happy travels
aloha

Posted by
10 posts

I was able to book a tour on arrival in Bordeaux at the tourist office. I probably could have booked a tour for less money had I booked ahead of time, however, I was glad I hadn't done that as I was once again affected by the train strikes and arrived very late in Bordeaux. Had I booked for the next day, I would have been really pressured. Instead, I was able to take a tour my second day in Bordeaux.

Posted by
10 posts

I should also have added that I didn't go on a tour to St. Emilion because not every tour is offered every day (or at least not in May. I was almost off season as at least one winery was not yet ready for the summer tours and we tasted their wines at lunch). I did have a really excellent tour to the Margaux area. I also visited the Dordogne and stopped in St. Emilion on the drive to Sarlat. I didn't do a lot of wine tasting, but it was a beautiful area and I had a wonderful lunch there.