Please sign in to post.

which Paris hotel???????????

You guys have been great in the past!
My wife and I are scheduled to finish our 16-day trip to France with 3 days/nights in Paris.
Due to the fact that we have a 10:30 A.M. scheduled flight on Friday May 31, 2019, feel that we will be better off staying in a hotel on the right bank. I assume it'll be shorter of a trip to CDG airport than if we stayed in the Latin Quarter as we usually do.

Do you have any suggestions as to which hotels we can look into (moderately-priced) on the right bank?

Is the 9th or 11th arrondissement a good location and if so which hotels would you suggest?

Thank you as always for your input.

Posted by
7209 posts

We always stay in the Latin Quarter and just get a taxi to the airport...it's not a big deal.

Posted by
20085 posts

Other than the extra 5 EUR taxi fare from the Left Bank, I can't really see any significant time savings by staying in the Right Bank. 5 minutes in a taxi to cross the Seine from the Latin quarter?

Posted by
3695 posts

Are you planning to take a taxi or mass transit? If mass transit then staying near the RER B line in the Latin Quarter will make getting to the airport quite easy and would probably be no slower than getting to the RER B from a spot in the 9th or 11th. If you are going by taxi, then yes, it will generally be a shorter trip, the more north you are in Paris and the 9th or 11th are fine but I can't off the top of my head right now think of any hotels I stayed in either that had especially easy car access to CDG and really you are talking about saving maybe 15 minutes. If you want easier access to CDG by car, stay in Montmartre. What is moderately priced in euros per night, please? It's not in the 9th and I don't know if it meets your budget but you may want to look at Hotel Le 123 Sebastopol in the 2nd. It's very easy to get to the airport from there because the taxi just heads up the Boulevard and away you go. I do not love the area of this hotel but it is a nice place and the staff is quite good. In the 10th, Le Citizen Hotel is a great spot and also has pretty easy access to the roads to CDG.

Posted by
7280 posts

We always stay near the Luxembourg garden and just take the Luxembourg RER to the airport for those morning flights. We like Hotel Saint-Beuve (not sure if that one is in the price range) or others nearby.

Posted by
3996 posts

On the Right Bank? No

In the Rive Gauche? Yes. Hotel Le Clos Médicis by Luxembourg Gardens. I just stayed there; it's an 11 minute commute to Gare du Nord.

Posted by
8 posts

Be sure to use the cab service that Rick recommends called G7. It is in his Paris book. The are trustworthy and very dependable.

Posted by
2545 posts

Taxi G7 is basically the only dispatch company still operating in Paris, particularly since they purchased les Taxis Bleus several years ago. Even if you happen to get an Alpha taxi or one of the other small operators, all taxis parisians operate under the same rules, same fare structure, and are all supervised by the Préfecture de Police.

Taxi G7 English speaking operator 01 41 27 66 99

Posted by
3996 posts

We stayed in the 6th within a 4 minute walk of the RER B stop at Luxembourg Gardens. It is unbelievably easy to take the RER B to CDG so for us, we preferred the 6th in the Rive Gauche. We would never take a taxi -- takes too long especially in early morning rush hour traffic and is expensive. Lose/lose to us.

Posted by
3391 posts

Like everyone said, staying somewhere on the RER B line is what you want. I always stay at a little place just near Luxembourg Gardens when I arrive and, again, the night before I leave. It's call Hotel Jardin du Luxembourg and is a 3 minute walk to the entrance to the RER B. It's a cute little place with comfortable rooms and balconies on a dead-end street. Decent breakfast and good service. I always feel safely tucked in when I stay there!

Posted by
5697 posts

We have several times stayed at the IBIS right at the airport -- walk out the door, get on the free CDGVAL shuttle to your terminal in minutes. Stay the day in Paris, take RER to CDG after a nice dinner, sleep at the airport with no transportation worries. (Or there's a McDonald's at the airport ....)