Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Paris

Hello,
I am planning a trip to Paris in May. I have learned that there are several arrondissements to stay. I was thinking of Marias or the latin quarter but I am having trouble finding a place that fits our budget. I don't want to spend more than 150 euro but I do want it to be a decent place close to the metro. I was thinking of airbnb but not sure if it's a good idea. Any suggestions?

Posted by
8293 posts

Have a look at Hotel Jeanne d’Arc in the Marais. Convenient to metro and buses.

Posted by
9420 posts

Also check Hotel Diana in the 5th arrondissement (Latin Quarter). A very good budget hotel.

My favorite areas are the 4th (Marais and Ile St Louis), the 5th, and the 6th (St Germain).

Hotel Marignan, in the 5th at 13 rue du Sommerard - great location, is a very decent, very budget hotel where I’ve stayed, as well as a friend of mine who has stayed there twice - this year and last.

Posted by
1582 posts

The most popular and least expensive neighborhoods to stay in Paris are Le Marais, Montmartre, and Quartier Latin. Check for Hotels in those areas.

Posted by
9420 posts

Least expensive hotels generally, will be in the 2 digit arrondissements... the 10th and up.

Posted by
1025 posts

How many in your party? How long will you be staying in Paris?

Posted by
5581 posts

Look at Familia in Latin quarter. Very budget friendly. Cute, Parisian style building in cute neighborhood. Clean, great staff, a little "dated" which we find charming.

Posted by
1025 posts

I just checked out VRBO, and there are a number of beautiful apartment rentals in your price range. A neighborhood I particularly like is the 10th Arrondissement, on the Right Bank. The Metro can take you anywhere in Paris in 15 to 20 minutes, and when you return to your apartment, you are in a real neighborhood, with real neighbors.

Make sure the apartment has the 13 digit registration number so you can be assured that it is a legal rental.

Posted by
8141 posts

The top places to stay would be in the 4th and 5th arrondissements.
If you go to GoogleMaps and hit the Control "+ +", it'll magnify the area over those areas and little bed icons will pop up. You can click on the icons and get to the hotels' websites. There are still plenty of decently priced accommodations in the area.

Posted by
3961 posts

Our favorite hotel is Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais in Le Marais. Charming hotel, central location. You may find a room in your price range in May. Short walk to metro. Enjoy your stay in Paris!