Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Aix-en-Provence

Hello, we plan on finding an Air B&B in Aix-en-Provence this May. What areas of town should we avoid or focus on? Thanks so much.

Posted by
926 posts

" .....our lodging at Hotel Suites Opera. Hotel Suites Opera is not a hotel, it is an apartment: More like an Air BnB. This confused us, as it did also, all the locals that didn't also know where it was. Eventually, had to call to the owners, so we could have some direction, and then everything worked out. Opera Suites is wonderfully located and a less expensive place to stay. It does, however, involve climbing up and down a great many of stairs. The owners were so sweet, and hard working as a beginning family, we didn't want them to do anything extra, knowing they had a full plate, yet they kept trying to be perfect hosts and offered to haul all our heavy rolly bags up the stairs. Apartment was great with kitchen, laundry, living room, bed room and a nice view.

Posted by
312 posts

Last summer I stayed at a nice AirBnB apartment in a building half a block from the Fontaine de la Rotonde. If you want someplace quiet and away from the tourist center, you wouldn't want to stay there, but I enjoyed it. It was quiet enough at night to sleep well and it was an easy walk to all sorts of things. Even had a parking garage underneath, though with all the road construction at that time it wasn't the easiest place to drive to. I made a wrong turn on the way in the first day and it took me almost 20 minutes to undo my mistake!