Please sign in to post.

Where to stay between CDG and Lisieux

We will be renting a car from CDG and making a counter-clockwise trip starting with Lisieux, Normandy, Mont San Michel, and then back to CDG. We don’t want to drive far the first day, just enough to get away from CDG, as we’ll be jet lagged, but we’d rather not stay near the airport. Any recommendations on interesting towns to stay in on the way to Lisieux where we can spent the first night? Thank you.

Posted by
6897 posts

Giverny or La Roche Guyon (beautiful castle there, and pretty riverside village) would make an interesting stop not too far from CDG

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you for this. Both of your recommendations are interesting, and I appreciate your answer.

Posted by
1974 posts

My idea is following this route: CDG – N104/N148 to Cergy Pontoise – A15 - Magny en Vexin – La Roche Guyon/Giverny.

balso - Or do you think the route most use: CDG – A1 – A86 to Nanterre – A14 – A13 – Giverny/La Roche Guyon is still to prefer?

With the first option you will drive through the Vexin region with more lovely places like Guiry-en-Vexin, Ambleville and Omerville but with La Roche-Guyon you can’t go wrong.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes, I am going for St. Therese. I’m now thinking to stop the first night in Rouen (Joan of Arc), and then on to Lisieux. But now that you mentioned Honfleur I’ll have to check that out, too!