Please sign in to post.

Where to go?

Hey group! My boyfriend and I are doing a long 50 day trip through Europe. We are planning on going Amsterdam to Antwerp then Paris. Where else should we go in France? I want to go to San Sabastian and Pamplona in Spain along with Barcelona before flying to Italy so I don't want to go too far East in France such as Nice. We would love suggestions. We would like if they also had a little night life too.. Thanks so much!!

Posted by
3251 posts

You might enjoy the Let's Go guidebooks. They devote a lot of pages to nightlife and provide a more youthful perspective than the Rick Steves guides. The Lonely Planet books offer more itinerary suggestions than Rick Steves.and also cover drinking and nightlife.

Posted by
16893 posts

On the route from Paris to San Sebastian, the Loire Valley and the Dordogne region are popular choices, easy enough to reach a home base by train, but then you'd need some bus or taxi connections to rural destinations. I'm not promising nightlife.

Posted by
17 posts

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will definitely check out that book to see where they suggest.