Please sign in to post.

When Do Tours for 2020 Come Out?

I'm interested in Paris and Heart of France tour for next year. Is there a certain time when new tours are posted? Do tours change drastically from year to year?

Posted by
2476 posts

Some tours will be rolled out in May, more in July. Last year, all tours were announced by July 19 for 2019!

I’m with you in wanting information about 2020, I’m already booked for my tour in December- Munich Salzburg Vienna! I’m usually thinking and planning trips for the next year.

I went to the RS Travel Festival a couple weeks ago (I recommend it) and went to several Test Drive a Tour Guide talks and listened with 2020 in mind!

Many of the tours will probably remain the same from year to year, some will have tweaks and occasionally an entirely new tour itinerary will be announced.

Posted by
14030 posts

Judy, I've found the really bad thing about doing the Test Drive a Tour Guide is that you even want to go to places you thought you weren't interested in, hahahaha!! I was "between" sessions one time and just popped in to one that had extra seats just so I could sit down and wow! I realized then that the RS guides are generally hired not just for knowledge but for charisma, energy and enthusiasm.

Kmar.conner - this is a wonderful tour! I really enjoyed it. I hope you have extra time either before or after for Paris whether or not you've visited before. I did it back to back with Best of England and that was a good combination. Transportation between London and Paris is very easy on the Eurostar and the culture/food are very different.

BTW, usually you are offered $100 off on a booking when you book early. I think the date is usually November 30 when that offer ends, but it will be posted on the tour pages as well.

Posted by
2252 posts

Yes, Judy and Pam have answered you questions and basically given you all the info you need-just keep watching this site for the 2020 tour schedule release. There is actually a new tour already announced (at the "Test Drive" last month)-Andalucia. They are going to be having a "trial run", I think it's scheduled for this coming Fall. I usually start watching for the releases starting in May or so.

Posted by
3521 posts

The next year's tours are added late summer. The initial listings may not be complete and additional dates will be added to those tour that fill quickly. Tours do remain mostly the same in content. Hotels change from year to year and even tour to tour. Sometimes adjustments are made to make the flow of the tour smoother or for local events which make certain sights difficult to reach.

Tha Andalucía tour was recently added to the list for this year with only one date. It is already wait listed. It appears to be mostly just the final part of the 14 days in Spain tour.