Please sign in to post.

Wheelchair Rental

My family has a trip planned to Paris and Normandy in June. It looks like my teenager tore her ACL in a soccer game last night. We are still trying to figure out the severity and treatment, but I know my travel insurance policy has an exclusion for contact sports. So we are going to have to either eat the cost or figure out an itinerary that we can manage with her potentially unable to put weight on her leg. I may skip climbing around Montmartre (our trip to Mont Saint Michel will be..interesting), but does anyone have insight on how feasible it would be to rent a wheelchair and navigate major landmarks (Louvre, Versailles) that way?

Posted by
2545 posts

Renting a wheelchair is easily done at any number of specialized stores. Ask your hotel for recommendations, or search online for louer un Fauteuil roulant / Chaise roulante.

Posted by
79 posts

We are staying at an AirBnB in Paris (confirmed our host's license #), so I am not sure how much help I will be able to get there. At least the unit is on the ground floor. Hopefully, the hotels we are using in Normandy can give some guidance as you suggest. Thanks for the links. I will check those out.