We have a 32 nights family (2 adults and 2 kids of 8 and 12)trip in France this summer (july 10 to august 11). We will stay 5 nights in Paris and 8 in Normandy and Britanny.
We now have a hard time figuring out what to do between on Britanny base (Dinan) and Provence. We will keep 11-12 nights for Provence, Alps and Lyon, os that leaves us with 8 nights to place somehere between Dinand and Provence.
We have some ideas :
1) Puy du fou: lut that means a lot and a lot of people in the heat of july. That would also meane to nights thre (before and after)
2) Nantes: For les Machines de l'ile, We dont know if Nantes itself is a worthy stop.
3) Dunes de Pilat + Bordeaux: we already seen bid dunes in Michigan (USA), and it will be croowdy. Bordeaux seems meh for many people.
4) Dordogne: 4 nights around Sarlat seem like an obvious choice.
5) Carcassonne : one night stop in route
6) Auvergne (near Clermont Ferrand): that would mean to cut Carcassonne.
Many choices, not enough time ! So any ideas for a family with 8 ans 12 years old kids that love swiming, to rides, bike and kids stuff are welcome !