Please sign in to post.

Weather

What kind of weather can I expect in the first 2 weeks of may in Paris and surrounding areas

Posted by
27207 posts

Timeanddate.com has day-by-day weather statistics going back more years than you'll probably care to look at. I typically check at least five to get a decent feeling for the range of what I might experience.

I've linked to May 2018. You'll need to scroll back to the beginning of the month, then you can take a look at May 2017, May 2016, etc.

Posted by
7042 posts

You can probably expect that it won't snow and it probably won't be 100 deg F, other than that all bets are off. Seriously, nobody can tell you what to expect in any location three months from now. I can tell you that 22 years ago I was in Paris the first week of May and it was delightful, but how the heck does that help you. Most likely it will be mild (highs in the upper 60's maybe low 70's) and in any week it will probably rain a couple of times. There are several websites to see historical weather information for Paris in May, just google it.

Posted by
12172 posts

My experience in early May was cool, jacket needed, and some rain. Your results may very ;-)

Posted by
18 posts

Like previously said, wheather in May in Paris can go from rainy & cold ( 45 F) to hot summer weather ( 85 or even 90 F).

But if you stay there for two weeks, there are good chances that you will have nice weather (sun and good temperature) for at least 5 to 7 days.