Please sign in to post.

Weather

I am planning a trip to Normandy in June 2016 (- the 13th specifically), but I'm worried about summer heat. For those with experience, what do you think the weather will be in June this year? I'm not a fan of heat or humidity - prefer 60's, low 70's.

Thanks!

Posted by
2427 posts

We were there (Normandy and the Loire valley) a good number of years ago in July and the temperatures were pleasant as I recall. Windy and cool on the coast and warmer and sunnier inland. That being said even meteorologists struggle to predict the weather accurately two weeks out. Add in global warming and who knows. We just came back from the Christmas markets in France, Germany and Austria and it was pleasantly mild (mid 40's) and sunny. We were expecting freezing cold and rain.

Posted by
7294 posts

We were in the Normandy area in June a few years ago. It was very pleasant with a slight breeze the day we toured Normandy Beach. I wore a light cardigan sweater while we stayed in Caen.

Posted by
10196 posts

A couple years ago the summer was cool in France (unlike the heat wave summers before and after) so we were prepared for the July 50-degree weather we hit in Normandy touring the WW II sites. We had wool sweater on under our all-weather full-length raincoats. Normandy is one of those places that claims to have all four seasons in one day.

Posted by
1978 posts

I go every year in June to France particularly the area around Paris and in 2012 Normandy. For me this is for the weather the best time of the year for sightseeing in and outdoor. The coast is usually a bit colder but likely you have to walk more and for that reason is to my opinion the weather okay.