Please sign in to post.

Visa waiver in 2025

Has anyone read about the potential need to get a visa waiver to travel to France in 2025?

Posted by
5312 posts

I believe Jojo Rabbit misspoke. US (and certain other countries) passport holders may currently visit as tourists without a visa for 90 days. Once the ETIAS regulations come into effect in 2025, you will need to apply and pay for the ETIAS waiver before arriving, and will be entitled to the same 90 day visa free stay. Not unlike the current ESTA requirement that the US has had in place for some years now.

Posted by
7866 posts

The process for EITAS will likely be fast and easy, go onto the website, answer a series of questions, likely inform them of any past legal issues, submit the form, pay the small fee, then you will get an email shortly with some type of QR code or number.

All that is if they get it implemented. Later this year, they are to implement EES, if that is delayed, then EITAS will likely be delayed, or if it goes well, then EITAS may finally launch.

As this progresses, what it offers is streamlined entry, basically using e-Gates, faster, and no more stamps.

No need to worry about it until they make a firm announcement with more info.

Posted by
15961 posts

Once the ETIAS regulations come into effect in 2025,

Maybe. It's already been postponed for three years. I'll believe it when I see it.