Please sign in to post.

Viator tours

Feedback requested doe Viator day trips from London and Paris and visits to Louvre, Eiffle Tower, etc

Posted by
32935 posts

I think you may be asking - but I'm not sure - if Viator sell the tours you are asking about?

If so, I'd guess that checking the Viator website would give the best answers to your specific questions?

If that isn't your question, could you clarify a bit please what you want to know?

Posted by
1078 posts

I have used Viator many times throughout Europe and had good experiences each time. Just make sure you show up on time where the tours leaves from and you'll have a great experience. Highly recommend the Monet's garden tour in Giverny!

Posted by
1835 posts

I took a wonderful Viator tour from Paris several years ago. We went to Fontainbleau and Vaux le Vicomte chateau with a short stop in the village of Barbizon. The driver/guide was good, the Mercedes van and small group was wonderful.

Posted by
3264 posts

I will look for tours on Viator, but so far, I have always been able to locate the actual tour operator and deal with them directly. It's cheaper that way and you've eliminated the chance for Viator to make a mistake.

Posted by
775 posts

As others have said, Viator don't do tours, they simpley remarket tours operated by tour companies (at a price). They favour large companies at the expense of small operators who can perhaps offer a tour more in line with what you want to do.

Buying your tour direct from the tour operator should save you between 10% and 20% on the Viator price. It also means that your commumication with the tour operator isn't being filtered through a 3rd party, so confusion about meeting places and times will be reduced. (As are refunds - the number of complaints I have heard about the viator refund situation is quite amazing)

It takes age before any changes in details on the viator page can be made, which means that what you think your booking is may not actually be what the tour operator is able to offer.

Posted by
43 posts

In 2016 and 2017 I used Viator and had good luck with the tours, especially the one I took from Florence to the Tuscan region for a day trip. I never had any trouble canceling and rebooking with them. Since that time, I have become more trip savvy and book directly with the companies either by google search or some investigation on TripAdvisor. I am currently finishing up a 3 country trip having visited Paris, Bayeux, Berlin and now Barcelona. My friend turned me onto using Withlocals and all 3 of the tours I took with them were wonderful. I wish I had chosen one of their tours in Paris instead of the one I found through TripAdvisor.

Posted by
43 posts

Good to know about Viator and TripAdvisor. The tour was from an independent company (small) that everyone on TripAdvisor raved about. I don’t book the tours or hotels on TripAdvisor. I use TripAdvisor as a search engine only. Like the hotel we are staying at now. I will find it on TripAdvisor and then go directly to the hotel’s website. This turned out great for us: not only did I save money booking directly with the hotel, the hotel rewarded us with 2 complimentary drinks from the bar and 20% off.

Posted by
2749 posts

the reviews you read on TripAdvisor may not be for the tour you take Because they will change operators to save money. (Not that they’re passing that savings onto you.). You could wind up with a whole different operator. Not to mention that if you buy directly you’re paying a mark up