Please sign in to post.

Versailles tour

We're going to be in Paris for a week in mid/late May and I've already purchased Paris museum passes (& we'll be getting a Paris pass for metro/train when we get there), per Rick's recommendations. For Versailles, can anyone point us to Versailles tours that don't require a ticket purchase? (Or transportation since I'll take care of that). So far the ones I've looked at (GetYourGuide, Viator, ...) all come with ticket purchase and time entry, and some with transportation included.

Thanks

Posted by
20128 posts

we'll be getting a Paris pass for metro/train when we get there

Which one? The Navigo Semaine?

There is a tour of the Kings Private Apartment for 10 EUR, 1.5 hour tour.

Posted by
5 posts

You are maybe talking about the general tour of the Kings Appartements for general public ?because I have tried the Petit Appartement and the Marie Antoinette quarters and it is very exclusive. The kings private appartement can not be at 10 euro. It is managed by the Palace Of Versailles itself and it is at least 600 euro to book the private visit.

Posted by
688 posts

Souheil, it is 10 euro, I was arguing with the website yesterday when I was doing a dummy booking....if you're talking about a PRIVATE King's Apartment tour, probably like how you are suggesting, but the King's private apartment tour is 10 euro :)

Posted by
8063 posts

You do not want a 'Paris Pass -- it includes the most expensive Paris Visite transport pass. What you want is the Navigo Decouverte if it fits your dates. Or if not get the Navigo Easy and buy separate tickets for Versailles. The easy will hold metro tickets, for travel to Versailles, you need point to point tickets that cannot be loaded on the Easy. If you have the navigo decouverte weekly pass that will cover Versailles.

Posted by
20128 posts

The Paris Pass, despite its eyepopping cost, no longer includes the Visite, But I assume the OP was referring to the Navigo Weekly pass. I can't believe Rick would recommend the Paris Pass, but I don't have his current book.

Posted by
82 posts

My husband and I are traveling to Paris in July. We have booked a tour of Versailles through Paris Web Services. It does include transportation and tickets. We plan to buy the 4-day Paris Museum pass, and use it for other venues days 1-4, then travel to Versailles on Day 5. It is pricey, but hopefully worth it. Reviews are good.

Posted by
5 posts

If you hire a tour guide/do a tour in Versaillles, they always include tickets as it is a specific entry/timed ticket which is required for going there with the guide.
The Paris Pass ticket works for individual visitors (not accompanied with a private licensed guide) only.