Please sign in to post.

Versailles tickets

I'm trying to buy tickets to Versailles, and am finding it incredibly difficult. I want skip the line access to the palace and all the gardens, and I'm bringing my under 18 daughter. Should be simple, right?

OMG. There are about 100 options, on so many websites. The site offers some tickets, but none say skip the line. Most include tours, or lunch or once a year events.

Any words of advice?

Posted by
4756 posts

"Skip the line " ONLY means that you skip the lineup for purchasing the ticket at the ticket window. You still have to line up to go through security. With that understanding, just pre purchase the ticket that you need on the official website given above.

Posted by
806 posts

You're going to go to the LEFT when you get to Versailles- the line to the Right is for purchasing tix, to the left will be for those that have tickets (this is at the main gate).
When I went in October of last year, I had 9 am tickets, got there around 845, and was in the palace shortly after 9.

When I left through the same way (around 3 pm), there were easily 100+ ppl in the 'with ticket' line, so definitely go early.