Visiting for the first time during the first week of August. We plan to attend on Tuesday. My understanding is the fountains are on Tuesdays. I’m planning to purchase the passport with timed entry.
My husband is not an early riser so I figure we’re not going to arrive until probably 11am’ish. I also wanted to have a chance to go through the market (not for long). Seeing on how we wouldn’t arrive to to the gate till about noon:
- Am I better off starting with the trianon, then the palace, and then the gardens?
- I understand the fountain show starts at 3:30 so if I do things in the above order, will I have enough time to do the trianon and palace before the show? Really only interested in a couple of places in the palace like the hall of mirrors and the chapel.
- We wanted to bike through the gardens. Where do we rent them and do I need to reserve them ahead of time? I’m hestitant to be locked into a time.
- If we go with the above option, do I still enter through the main gate or is there a different entry?
- How much time should I plan to spend going through security… I assume this is the only line I need to stand in if I have timed entry?
Please let me know if there’s anything else to consider.