Please sign in to post.

Versailles on a weekend in December 2024

Hi,

We will be in Paris from 12/13-12/17/24 and wondered if Versailles has any Christmas programs, concerts, or Christmas events during that time. I've been unable to find any info online and wondered if anyone on here knows. Is it decorated at all?
Thanks very much!
Shirley

Posted by
1450 posts

There does not seem to be much about December 2024 Events at the Palace online yet. Do not go on 12/16 as they are closed on Monday. The Town of Versailles may also have events and decorations. They have an Opera that will probably have a Show. I think that France is concentrating on the Olympics now. I'm sure that you will remember your visit to Versailles for the rest of your Life. Remember to get advance tickets, when you get closer to going on your trip. They do have private tours available. Avoid 3rd party information and contact them directly.

Posted by
123 posts

Thank you, Kathleen. I've been there before and liked it a lot, but it was summer and lovely weather so we could enjoy the gardens. This will be winter and the only reason we would go would be if there was something special going on for Christmas. Thanks for your input and I'll check back a little later in the year.

Posted by
123 posts

Thank you, Laurie Ann,
It looks beautiful!!
Shirley