Please sign in to post.

Versailles

Hi
I am planning to go to Versailles with two children under 18. We have a flight leaving to Italy from cdg that same night. Does it pay to take an uber ( about 100 dollars) from Versailles to cdg ( about 100 dollars)
It seems that the train would cost about 20 dollars each and 2 and a half hours of travel with transfers. Unless children under 18 are free on the train?

Posted by
8158 posts

Versailles is just a suburb of Paris and it is just about 10 miles on the train out there. I would just be looking for a place in the center city to stay--maybe close to the Gard du Nord train station.

Posted by
20151 posts

I am getting a travel time of about 1 hour and 35 to 45 minutes depending on the time of day. What are the ages of the children? They only get a price discount if they are under 11 yo. Looks like it would be 13.95 EUR for adults.

What about your luggage? Don't know about storage in Versailles. If you have to return to your hotel in Paris to get it, it may well end up being 2 1/2 hours.

Posted by
8 posts

We have a hotel in Paris for the previous night. Would like to see Versailles before go go back to Italy that night

Posted by
8 posts

They are over 11 So it would be an adult ticket so about 40 dollars in total. Planning on traveling very very light. No bulky luggage. If the train from Versailles to CDG has a transfer and not easy to navigate it might be better to take the uber for an additional 30- 40 dollars. Peace if mind and more time spent in Versailles.

Posted by
20151 posts

Just 1 transfer at St Michel-Notre Dame, not particularly challenging, but a taxi will save about 45 minutes if its not rush hour, which it probably will be. As you prefer.

Posted by
2466 posts

Uber can't pick up passengers at CDG.

But regular Parisien taxis can. Get in line, follow the overhead signs and you're good to go.
Use the site www.rome2rio - it's about 45 minutes by regular Parisien taxi to Versailles and will cost 70 to 90 EU, traffic depending.

Posted by
2466 posts

If you have paid Uber in advance for their services - and more importantly, can find the driver - Uber can stop at the train station and CDG.

You should know that Uber cannot use the dedicated taxi lanes - so will take much longer to get to wherever you are going and will be more expensive. It will probably take a long time for Uber to get to Versailles to pick you up. And there are surge prices to consider.
Uber is not necessarily the cheaper option.

Only Parisien taxis can use these dedicated lanes.
I'd just take a regular Parisien taxi from the Versailles train station.

Posted by
20151 posts

Taxi Fare Finder says about 65 EUR, but there is also a 20% suburban surcharge that may apply. There is also dispatch fee. Budget 80 to 90 EUR and that should cover it.