Please sign in to post.

Versailles

Hello!
We have planned to spend the day at the Palace of Versailles on Sunday, Aug. 27 - - however, I see that there won't be
a garden fountain show or night fountain show on that day! What would anyone recommend we for sure see/do? Has anyone
gone to the King's Kitchen Garden? Thoughts?

Thank you!

Posted by
73 posts

There is so much to see at Versailles that you will not be bored even without the fountain show or night fountain show. We went in 2019, arriving in the morning. We stayed for the night fountains show and it proved to be a completely exhausting trying-to-cram-too -much-in kind of day. With all that, we never did make it to La Trianon.

Posted by
4 posts

Following. Will be in Versailles this weekend (fingers crossed). My wife's boss mentioned renting a Golf Cart. Is that really a thing?

Interested in the onsite guide question. We've been once but have the kids with us this time and my wife would like a guide. TIA!

Posted by
1625 posts

We did the Kings Apartment tour (booked on the official website) that was super interesting and allowed us access to private areas only accessible on the tour, I think it started at 9AM, so we left Paris proper around 7:30. Afterwards we went to the gardens and rented a Golf Cart, they do sell out and you just have to wait in line till one is returned. We were lucky to get to the Gardens before noon and secured a golf cart right away, stopped in the gardens and got lunch, then visited the different structures within the gardens. After that it was around 3, then we toured the actual castle and finished the day around 6PM , walked to the train station and got back to Paris and had dinner then to bed. It was a lovely day.