Please sign in to post.

Vaux-le-Vicomte

My husband and I are interested in going to Vaux-lw-Vicomte from our Paris hotel. We would like to go by driver or shuttle directly from Paris. Does anyone have a solution you have tried for this day trip?

Posted by
8049 posts

We took the train to Melun and got a cab to the chateau and then back to the station. If you need to be taken by a private driver, I am sure your hotel can probably arrange it, but at great cost.

Posted by
288 posts

We took the train too and then a bus to Vaux-le-Vicomte. Be sure to check the shuttle schedule back to the train station. Very easy - lots of kind help at the train station.

Posted by
10218 posts

We did what janettravels did last month. There was a taxi at the train station and when we were ready to leave The château we asked them to call a taxi for us. It was very easy. I would think that a private driver would be cost prohibitive.

Posted by
71 posts

Thanks for your help. At one time I was told there was a shuttle from Paris Bercy station direct to the chateau but perhaps post COVID this does not exist.

Posted by
9565 posts

That is a great find, Tom. I had no idea this existed. And this leaves from a short bus ride from my apartment !

To anyone interested, please note that the shuttle runs only on Sundays and French holidays, you must purchase a ticket in advance, and it's 25€.

It departs the location at 10:30 in the morning, arriving at the chateau at noon, and departs the chateau at 16:30, arriving back in Paris at 18:00.

The nearest Metro station is Cour St-Emilion, on line 14, then a short walk. It could be pleasant to then have an early dinner (or drinks) at Bercy Village at one of the terraces upon one's return (Bercy Village is a cool area where they have refurbished the old wine cellars into shops and restaurants — the old rail lines that used to transport the vats of wine still go down the middle)

https://en.parisinfo.com/shopping-paris/73909/Bercy-Village

And here's a list of the restaurants and fast food places available there

https://www.bercyvillage.com/restaurants