Please sign in to post.

Vaux le Vicomte Candle light dining

We will be visiting Paris on the last weekend that this is available - Oct 3, 2015. Has anyone had dinner at La Charmilles? It is a bit expensive and I have read several bad reviews on food and service. I don't mind paying 60 euros for good food. We would prefer not to pack our own picnic as we are traveling from Paris by train and the picnic areas seem to be very far away, especially as it will be dark.
Please let me know what you think!
Thanks!

Posted by
552 posts

If, through your research, you've found that that's the ideal sweet spot for enjoying the view and the twinkling ambiance, I guess you have to suck it up and pay to sit at the tables there. If it were me I would just order an appetizer and a glass of wine. If things are going well you can always order another course, maybe a dessert to split and some tea or cognac if the weather is just fine for lingering but all signs point to disappointment if you drop a large sum on an uninspired main course.

Posted by
795 posts

We love this and the food is delicious. There is a champagne bar too. You eat out under the night sky (unless it rains in which you'll have a canopy tent). The chateau and gardens are gorgeous and there are fireworks after dinner.The place is lit by so many candles. It is nicely romantic. You will get a complete meal for the price.

Posted by
3391 posts

Absolutely do this! It's a very memorable experience. The food wasn't the best I have ever had but it was fine and the whole evening is just beyond beautiful and wonderful!

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks all for your responses. Really helpful feedback!