Please sign in to post.

Vaux le vicomte

Hi all,

Thinking of going to Vaux le vicomte this Wednesday. Has anyone been there recently?

Thanks
Jeannette

Posted by
10215 posts

I was there last month. Was there anything else you wanted to know?

Posted by
32 posts

Très drôle.

I guess I should have specified that I wanted to know everything about your visit. I know how to go there and that the shuttle bus only work on the weekend.
Mostly i wanted to know if I could just show up without tickets and still get in.

Merci

Posted by
10215 posts

I pre-purchased tickets. I doubt you will have any problems if you just show up, especially on a weekday. We went on April 19 and there weren’t many people there. We took the RER from Gare de Lyon to Melun, then a taxi to the château. A staff member ordered a taxi for us when we were ready to return to the train station. There is a cafeteria styled restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining areas if you want to eat or drink something during your visit.

Posted by
8045 posts

There has never been a line at any chateau I have visited in France except for Versailles -- Vaux le Vicomte is quite wonderful but not crowded.

Posted by
32 posts

We went yesterday. Took the RER to Melun and Uber to the chateau and back. No lines anywhere. Most fun was driving the golf cart around the grounds. I recommend it.
Jeannette