Please sign in to post.

Uber in Paris

how easy, fast, common is Uber in Paris? do they just use credit cards and/or do they take cash?

Posted by
28 posts

We’re in Paris now and have used Uber a few times. It’s easy and works just the same as in the US. You pay through the Uber app that is linked to your credit card.

Posted by
3743 posts

You did not ask but do not use the geolocate function on Uber to indicate your location. I have found it to be notoriously bad. For example, last time I took Uber I was at the Leroy Merlin on Place Madeleine and Uber indicated to the driver that I was on Rue d'Amsterdam.

Posted by
1337 posts

There is also the G7 application which I like better than Uber. You get professional, courteous taxi drivers often in very nice cars. Also takes the guess work out of which car is coming to pick you up.

Posted by
15 posts

Alexander, can you tell me what you mean by a G7 application? Headed to Paris in two weeks and would like options.

Posted by
2561 posts

monica - Use either App Store for Apple or Android apps store and download the Taxi G7 app appropriate for your phone. Bolt and FreeNow apps are also there.

Posted by
9724 posts

G7 is one of the taxi companies (very reliable) in Paris, and they have their own app.

They also have an English version of their website and a special number for English speakers to call

https://www.g7.fr/en/