Please sign in to post.

Uber in Paris

I am thinking of using Uber as a back up while in Paris next week due to the strikes that might impact the metro - any insights you can share if you have used the app there?

Thanks!
Dennise

Posted by
13952 posts

Others will answer about Uber but I'd recommend you download the G7 app for taxis.

Are you flying out of CDG as well? You can book your taxi back to the airport on the G7 ahead of time and pay for it in the app.

Posted by
49 posts

Pam! Thanks for that great idea - just downloaded the app to my phone!

Posted by
13952 posts

It's pretty easy to use. When I get to Paris I usually add my hotel in as my "home" so I don't have to put it in every time.

IF there is an announced strike on your departure date, I'd ask the front desk at your hotel how far in advance you should book a taxi to return. I usually just do it the night before but on a strike day it might require more lead time.

Posted by
2546 posts

I use either the Bolt or FreeNow apps as a taxi backup. Bolt tends to have better pricing then either FreeNow or Uber.

Posted by
117 posts

I just want to second the recommendations for the G7 taxi app in Paris. It works well, has a complete version in English, and the taxis are allowed to use the bus lanes--Uber is not allowed to use them.

Posted by
56 posts

I used both Uber and G7 in Paris in May 2022, and G7 was much more reliable and often less expensive. Highly recommend using G7 instead of Uber.

Posted by
162 posts

Bolt is always about 10% cheaper than Uber and seems to have more drivers at the ready.