Please sign in to post.

Traveling to France

Hi Group,
I am starting to plan a trip to France this winter and was interested in 1. The EU health pass - do vaccinated American need the health pass? And 2. Are there any apps that are actually helpful in storing vaccination records, QT codes etc for travel in France?

Regards

Posted by
8038 posts

yes you need the pass and there are several threads which give you the details on obtaining one. You apply on line. It takes a couple of weeks to get it and you apply once you have your airline tickets (you have to upload them in the application)

Posted by
15 posts

I didn’t realize that you need to have the plane tickets prior to applying for the health pass?

Posted by
105 posts

You need to upload your flight information as a PDF in your application. I applied last Wednesday and so far haven’t gotten it back yet, still shows as “under construction”..

Posted by
33 posts

I applied on Sept 3 - and still in construction - but I did updated some docs/info since so you can upload something to start and change it shortly after. Such as if you change your hotel or flight details. BUT once its under review apparently ask if they need something. Hoping to find out soon.

Posted by
166 posts

I applied on August 31st and mine is still under construction.

Posted by
14948 posts

Let's clarify a few things....

You do not need the EU health pass. You need the French Pass Sanitaire.

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/coronavirus-statements/article/applying-for-a-covid-certificate-if-you-were-vaccinated-abroad-procedure-for

There is a French app to store your pass and other information. It's called:

TousAntiCovid

There are numerous discussion about this on this board. Use the search box above.

Also remember......the rules today may change tomorrow.

Posted by
166 posts

They have bumped up the time to process to 15 days. It started at 9, then 12 and now its at 15. Best get your applications in folks.

Posted by
105 posts

I applied last week. And still haven’t gotten it. I leave on Saturday. Starting to worry it won’t get here in time and then gotta decide if I cancel this trip.

Posted by
18 posts

I applied on August 30 and am still "in construction."

My wife and I initially submitted our info on August 25 via email which was the process at the time. She got her QR code in 24 hours, and mine never came. When I re-sent the email, they told me I needed to go through this online application process. She asks me several times per day if it's gotten approved, so I really can't wait to get it :)

Posted by
749 posts

Just to clarify - the Pass Sanitaire is a European Health Pass. It works all over Europe.

You only need apply for the pass in the country where you first arrive in Europe - so if you are arriving in Frankfurt you apply for the German pass, and if you are arriving in Geneva you apply for the Swiss pass. I think some people are not receiving their pass because they are applying for French passes because thats where they are spending most of their time even though they are arriving in a different country.

Posted by
15 posts

We applied on September 6th and haven't received the codes yet. Our traveling companions applied through the online application on September 1 and received theirs yesterday. We're leaving on September 26th. I added this just to give an idea of timing.

Posted by
8038 posts

We applied August 29 and it took 12 days to get it. Some people report very fast turn around but the longer period seems typical.