Please sign in to post.

Travel tours

I will be arriving in Paris March 4, 2018 and departing Paris March 17, 2018. I will be traveling with my husband. We have two weeks and would like to stay in Paris for at least a week. We aren’t really very savvy as far as getting around on our own, and don’t know French. I do know spanish fluently, although this may or may not help in getting about. I am posting here to ask if there is such a thing as a tour that you can take to other destinations in France from Paris. I know I am being vague here, but I am just wondering if traveling tours from Paris are such a thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Posted by
7027 posts

Sure, there are day tours and multi-day tours from Paris to various other cities and regions in France if that's what you mean. For example, there are several companies that do 4-5 day tours from Paris that visit Normandy, Mont St Michel, and Loire Valley Chateaux.

Just google: day tours from Paris or multi day tours from Paris, read the specifics for each tour to see if they meet your needs, and check Trip Adviser for reviews of each tour.

Posted by
11507 posts

You can look at Pariscityvisions , they do day tours , multi day tours etc , big bus or smaller van ( more expensive option) . Reliable company been operating for many many years ( I've used them for a few day trips )

Posted by
784 posts

You don't need to know very much French - just the basics of hello, thank you, please - even outside of Paris. If you haven't already purchased Rick's Paris Guidebook, do buy one. It is full of information and is really about all you need for a first trip to get around Paris to see the sights as well as eat and sleep. Looks like you will have about 5 days to visit outside of Paris. I would choose one or two areas that you can reach and explore by public transportation. Suggestions: split the time between Normandy and the Loire Valley, or Champagne and Burgundy. Whatever you decide, get Rick's guidebooks for the area. Don't be afraid to rent a car - my first trip to France, I drove through Normandy, Brittany, Loire, Burgundy, and Champagne for three weeks without knowing any more French than the basics and how to order coffee and locate the toilettes. You will never regret doing the trip on your own, and believe me it will be far better than riding a bus with 30 to 40 other people and having to have your bags packed and ready to load on the bus by 7 am (been there, done that!). Have fun planning. Bon chance and bon voyage.