Please sign in to post.

Travel to France

I am planning to travel to Nice France in October. I am fully vacinnated but not sure if this is a good time to travel. Can anyone please provide any experiences they may have had travelling recently to France this year. I am interested in understanding what documentation is required for vaccine and if Covid test is required. Also, were businesses open? do you have to wear masks etc... Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Posted by
5581 posts

You can enter with a CDC vaccine card. Paris is open. You can get all kinds of information by reading the most recent posts on this website under "Destinations Q & A" "France". There are a lot of posts that include comments from people that live in France.

Posted by
32766 posts

it is not clear in either of your posts from which country you will be travelling.

October is 3 months away and lots can happen with covid regulations between now and then.

If you share which country or region you are travelling from the current restrictions can be shared with you, otherwise we are guessing and it is different depending on your country or region of origin.

Posted by
30 posts

Just returned from a 1 week trip, Newark NJ to Paris RT. July 4-11. Showed my CDC card to United check-in agent, she put a sticker on my boarding pass- no further checks of my CDC/Vax status- not in the US or at CDG Border entry. Upon arrival in Paris CDG , they only wanted to see our Passports, not the CDC card and not the health declaration that had been repeatedly told to us during the flight that we would need to hand in- Completely smooth operation. 3 days before our return flight we went to pharmacy near our hotel in St.Germain, paid about $45 each for rapid/antigent test and get the print out results in about 30 minutes-showed this during Check-in at CDG, flew home- Newark Passport/Customs control only looked at Passport, had no interest in any other documents to re-enter the country..Everything in Paris was open, people were out until well after midnight- masks only required when indoors, not when outdoors-