Please sign in to post.

Travel in Paris and France October 2023 compared to October 2022?

My trip to Paris and Normandy was lovely in October 2022. I am planning a repeat trip in a few weeks and wondered how different it would be this year compared to last year? Last year was not too crowded. But with the uptick in travelers to France in 2023, plus the Rugby championship, is anyone traveling right now and have an opinion as to how busy it is now compared to last year? Is it as crowded and as busy as a typical summer vacation in Paris and France?

Posted by
6919 posts

It is difficult to say. Paris does not feel more crowded than in a usual September, which is typically the most crowded month. And rugby-related crowds will not have much impact on tourist sight crowds.
Basically, if you can find flights and accommodation at prices that you are OK with, I see no reason not to come!

Posted by
2552 posts

The primary concern will likely be hotel availability and cost. I have noted that restaurant prices are considerably higher than last year.

Posted by
1 posts

We are heading over in a couple of weeks for the Rugby World Cup, and hotels were astronomical. The Irish will be traveling in droves as well.

Posted by
33 posts

Thanks for all of your replies. Yes, I found out that the hotels costs are astronomical now too.

Posted by
14565 posts

I was in France until a day ago, 10 Sept, when I left Metz for Frankfurt since my flight back is the next day.

Since it was hot the entire week prior or longer, I should have stayed another 2-3 days in France. Mostly the tourists I saw in Sept. at the usual sites and others were French tourists. Americans were also well represented in numbers, such as Versailles.