Please sign in to post.

Transferring Terminals in Charles De Gaulle Airport

I am flying into CDG airport approximately 2 hours before my sister is scheduled to arrive. I will arrive in Terminal 2E, and she is flying into terminal 2F from Portugal. We would like to meet and share a taxi to our hotel. Please explain the best way to do this. I have looked at maps, and I think I need to pick up my baggage and go through security before going to another terminal. Will I be able to enter Terminal 2F without a ticket to meet her at her gate? Is there another convenient way to meet each other? Thank you in advance.

Posted by
6924 posts

You can meet her at terminal 2F arrivals. From terminal 2E arrivals it is quite easy: you have an underground corridor more or less ahead of you as you exit into the public area of 2E, that takes you straight to 2F arrivals.

Posted by
23348 posts

It is simple. Find a meeting point outside of security or go to her luggage pickup point if she checks luggage. And even if she doesn't check luggage, her luggage pick up point will be posted so it is easy for both of you to know where to go. And since it is a small area, it will be easy to spot each other. You will not be able to get to her gate without a boarding pass. You might be able to request a guest pass from her airline's check-in desk but that can be a lot of hassle. Just meet in the luggage area.

Posted by
4054 posts

Laura, I think you are right about the official airport guide. Five years ago it was very helpful, but almost compulsive revisions have turned it cumbersome. I wonder if there is a French translation of that wise saying, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it."