Please sign in to post.

train travel

How do I travel via train from Nice, France to Vernazza, Italy? It appears complicated!

Posted by
23267 posts

Not sure what you are asking. You cannot got everywhere direct. Changing trains is no different than changing airplanes in the US. The most common route would be to Milano, change to a train to LaSpezia, and then finally to Vernazza - around 5 hours. Some routes could have three changes and one very slow route has only one change.

Posted by
3122 posts

The site Rome2Rio is very helpful for this type of question. According to their info, the trip takes about 5 1/2 hours and involves one change, in Genoa (Genova). See https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Nice/Vernazza

BTW, if I remember correctly it's a beautiful train ride with many breathtaking views of the seacoast.

Posted by
7836 posts

It is real simple I have done something similar. You may have to change trains in Genoa and then in Monterosso

Posted by
16893 posts

Some trains require another connection at the border at Ventimiglia, instead of running straight across to Genoa. You need not choose the connection points - let the computer do that for you for maximum efficiency. Trenitalia.com can sell the whole ticket.