Please sign in to post.

Train questions

Sorry, I know this is questioned to death, but……… a few train questions please.
We arrive CDG 9/3 around 8:15am. Going to Nancy, France - I figured the 11:57am Paris Roissy CDG (TGV Station) train departure should be a safe bet (?) It’s been about 10 years since I did some train travels in France and I want to see if figured this out.
We take the INOUI 5026 from CDG for 9 minutes to Marne-la-Vallee. Wait 21 minutes there and change to the INOUI 5440. Take that 27 minutes to Champagne-Ardenne. Wait 11 minutes, change to INOUI 2443. Go 53 minutes to Nancy (arrive 1:59p). Am I reading this particular itinerary correctly? If so, isn’t there normally a board of some sort by the tracks, that shows which trains are arriving soon, and on which track?
Heading back to Paris on 9/6, to our Marais area hotel. Looks like we can get a direct train from Nancy to Paris Est (10:11am-11:50am), then figure out the best way to our hotel from there.
If I can figure this out, I think I can figure out the next 2 trips; Marais area hotel to Limoges, and CDG to Amboise for our friends meeting up with us. Thanks for your help!

Posted by
20103 posts

Seems like you got everything figured out. What's the problem?

Posted by
24 posts

I really wasn't sure if I was reading it all correctly and didn't want to book it if I goofed. Thanks

Posted by
100 posts

We just did CDG to Amboise on Sunday. Landed at 7am, 11:15am-1:05pm TGV to Tours St Pierre des Corps, then 2:05-2:15pm TER to Amboise. It was rough but went smoothly - long waits in CDG TGV station and again in St Pierre des Corps, but perhaps worse just because of when our flight landed, and the timing of the train schedules since we arrived on a Sunday.

Depending on your friends comfort level, there are also options to take a taxi to Gare Montparnasse, and then get TGV to Tours St Pierre des Corps, or the slower TER direct to Amboise. I was avoiding the taxi since we have our 6 year old with us, and 6 people total in our group so makes taxi trips sometimes more tricky

Beth.

Posted by
24 posts

Thanks Bethb. I actually purchased that exact ticket last night - minus the final leg to Amboise. Since we'll be there first and we'll have a rental car already... we're just going to pick them up at the St Pierre station.