Please sign in to post.

Train Paris to Strasbourg

When will more train schedules come out for this trip for Dec. 3023 dates? Should I just snag 4 tickets now even though the available times aren’t my first choice?

Posted by
6901 posts

Dec 2023 sales are not open yet as far as I know - maybe for Ouigo low-cost trains but not for the more frequent and more comfortable TGV Inoui trains.
If your trip is before 9 Dec, check in late June/ July (you can set alarms, I think). If it is after 9 Dec (timetable change), don't expect to be able to book until late September / early October.

Posted by
32771 posts

too soon.... wait until they are officially released. Who is offering them now?

Posted by
33 posts

There was an email alert that some were available. The tgv and now just OUIGO. It doesn’t let me create a new alert but surely there will be more available at some point? The OUIGO says nonreservable.

Posted by
6399 posts

Email alert from where? Avoid third party booking sites and buy your tickets from the company that actually operate the train, which in this case is www.sncf-connect.com

Posted by
33 posts

Email alert from SNCF, not 3rd party. Now the site doesn’t ask if I want alert.

Posted by
1664 posts

There is really no need to book train travel that early. If some trains are available and you want to be the first one for this and next month that has a ticket for that train, then you can try. But I would wait till september or so.

Posted by
9583 posts

Once you get the notification from SNCF that the winter holiday tickets are available (maybe in a month or two?), and if you know your desired dates, I would buy them as soon as you can after they are released.

Train tickets between Paris and Strasbourg in December for the Christmas markets are some of the most in-demand tickets in France all year long, so the cheaper ones sell fast.

Usually someone here will add a note when we have received notice that SNCF will be opening up sales for the next time period.

Posted by
33 posts

Perfect, thanks! I heard how in demand they are, which is why I wanted more info. I’ll keep checking back here and on their ticket site.