Please sign in to post.

Train from Paris to Reims

Hi, we’re staying near the Eiffel Tower and want to take train to Reims 1 way. What’s the closest station? Also, My search indicated tickets are $50 and up. Is that accurate? Thx.

Posted by
8889 posts

Trains from Paris to Reims depart from Gare de l'Est. You don't have a choice, each Paris station serves a different direction.
You will need to use the métro from whichever station is nearest to your hotel to Gare de l'Est.
"Reims Ville" is the station in the centre of Reims.

You can look up times and prices and buy tickets on: https://www.thetrainline.com/
Prices depend on how early you buy your tickets, the earlier the cheaper, and whether it is a popular train or not. I just looked up prices for 2 months time (18th October), and saw prices from €25.

Posted by
2299 posts

hey hey dlallenhome04
listen to what Chris F says. this is the train station, gare de l'est, that goes to reims ville. diiferent train stations go to different areas of france. you can use trainline.com or loco2.com to reserve tickets, don't know when you will be in paris. the earlier you book the cheaper the price.
we were there 2 years ago and went to sncf office near rue cler to buy our tickets the day before. can't remember price since there was 4 of us and 2 of us were over 60+ for a discount.
have a great time in reims, we did. walk the city center, stopped at cafe for lunch, shared a few glasses of champagne of the area, not any you can buy here in the states. took a tour of the vineyards and small villages out in countrysides and stopped at a private winery/cave. absolutely gorgeous area and pretty small villages. enjoy cheers
aloha

Posted by
8045 posts

We paid 20 E a couple of years ago. The cost of a TGV ticket depends on how early you buy it with prices 3 times as much at the date of travel than months before.

Trains from Paris to Reims depart from Gare d'Est.

Posted by
15582 posts

Not all the trains go to Reims-Ville. Some go to Champagne-Ardenne, then TER (local) train to Reims. When I went, the transfer was easy - the TER was waiting on the other side of the platform, I just walked across and boarded.

Posted by
6887 posts

If you find a cheaper train to Champagne Ardenne TGV rather than Reims Centre, on top of the TER connection mentioned above there is also a tram line, which is even more convenient (goes straight to the Cathedral).
But if price is the same, it is quicker to take a train that goes to Reims Centre.
To buy tickets: Oui.SNCF (official) or Loco2 (agency) websites/apps are the best options. Even though it's a bet on the weather, it is better to buy in advance for significantly lower prices.