Please sign in to post.

train from Paris to Reims

Is it necessary to book and reserve seats on TGV train from Paris to Reims? I notice there are several trains every day. Can I just do this when I get to France?

Posted by
8889 posts

All TGV trains require a reservation. When you buy a ticket which includes a TGV it is for a specific train and includes the reservation. It says on the ticket which train, wagon and seat it is for.
You can buy a ticket as early or as late as you want, including turning up at the station and buying a ticket, but the earlier you buy the ticket the cheaper it will be.

Posted by
3161 posts

Also, if you are landing at CDG and going directly to Reims, just hop the TGV at the airport. No reason to travel in to Paris.

Posted by
4684 posts

There are no direct trains from CDG to Reims - there are a few possibilities but you have to change at either Champagne-Ardennes TGV or Marne-la-Vallee. At other times it will be more convenient to head into Paris - the RER train arrives at Gare du Nord and trains to Reims leave from Gare de l'Est which is only a couple of blocks away.

Posted by
59 posts

We will already be in Paris. Ending one tour and heading to Reims for the next tour. So, can I just book the Tgv tickets when we are in Paris, or do I need to arrange them from home? I know the date, not the time.

Posted by
2128 posts

Hi Jackie, you can purchase tickets when you arrive in Paris. However, your choices may be limited for departure times and seats, and, as mentioned above, prices go up the closer you get to your date.

Posted by
15582 posts

I went from Paris to Reims last month. It was very easy to change trains in Champagne-Ardenne. The TER train to Reims was waiting when the TGV arrived from Paris. I just had to walk a couple meters to cross the platform.

I booked before I left home. It was easier to print the tickets from home. Also, if you buy far enough in advance, you can get tickets for at little as €15. If you buy at the last minute (if there are places), the price could easily be €44.

Posted by
59 posts

Thanks for the help. Which website did you use to buy and print tickets for Tgv from Paris to Reims?

Posted by
32742 posts

You won't have any sort of a French or Eurail pass will you? If you are using any sort of a pass it will be more difficult.