Please sign in to post.

Train from cdg to st lazare station

We will land at cdg and want to go to rouen. Looks like we need to get to st lazare station to transfer. What' the best way to go?

Posted by
6522 posts

The expensive way is by taxi, 50 euros flat rate, from the airport to Gare St-Lazare. This makes sense if you're more than two or three people, with a lot of bags, and/or mobility issues. It could take awhile if traffic is bad, like during rush hours.

The cheaper way is the RER "B" to Gare du Nord, walk through a tunnel to the Magenta station of the RER "E," and on the E to Gare St-Lazare. This will cost 10 euros per person, and probably take less time. But you'll be hauling bags around and it might be confusing after an overnight flight. See Paris by Train for all the info about rail options and the stations.

Posted by
4132 posts

rhoward, is this still the trip to Connelles?

If so, just to be clear: Going via Rouen by rail will indeed minimize driving time, but will entail roughly an hour to get to Paris, plus waiting or a train, plus another hour or so to Rouen, plus the 20-mile drive to Connelles.

Whereas the drive from deGaulle would take perhaps a little more than an hour and a half.

I am not saying your choice is wrong, just wanted to express the differences.

Posted by
32212 posts

rh,

Probably the easiest and quickest way to get from CDG to Gare St. Lazare is the RER, as mentioned in the previous replies. it's not subject to traffic delays and the route is fairly straightforward, with one change.

As mentioned in the previous replies, when you arrive at Gare du Nord via RER "B", you'll have to make a short walk to Magenta station and then connect with the RER "E" (direction Haussman Saint-Lazare). When you arrive at Haussman there will again be a short walk to reach Gare Saint-Lazare. There are lots of signs in the stations so you shouldn't have any trouble.

There appears to be two rail stations in Rouen, and I believe Rouen-Rive-Droite is the one you'll be using. I found this additional information which may be useful....

"Note that the train posting in Paris St-Lazare can be confusing to the first time traveler. The train platform number ("la voie") is not posted unil 15-20 minutes before the departure, so do not panic if you arrive earlier than that. Look for the train heading to Le Havre or Dieppe which will be leaving from the platforms to the right as you enter the concourse. Do not forget to punch ("composter") your ticket in one of the yellow machines before boarding. This will validate your ticket."

(You might want to delete your duplicate thread on this subject, so that all repiles are in the same place)

Posted by
12172 posts

I'd take the RER B. The train skips the traffic so it's cheaper and faster. I only carry a small bag, with luggage it may be worth the extra money to use a taxi. I was there in September and October. It's not a short walk and there is some construction in Gare Nord. It's best to look behind you occasionally to make sure you didn't miss a sign that was covered by construction.