Please sign in to post.

Train from CDG to Rennes

We will be arriving at CDG at 11:15 AM and would like to take the 12:38 train to Rennes the same day. We have not traveled through CDG since COVID and are not sure whether there will be time to clear passport control and customs and still make our connection. The next train is not until 6:48 PM.
Does anyone have any recent experience entering France from the US?

Posted by
2745 posts

Everything is going to have to go perfect for you to make this. Keep in mind that your landing time is not the time you’re off the plane. And that can be a good amount of taxiing around at CDG.

If you check luggage this is completely impossible, you don’t check luggage you have a 5 to 10% chance of success in my opinion

Honestly I couldn’t have done this on my last flight and I was in business class and one of the first people off the plane and didn’t have a long line at immigration. but by the time you hike from wherever they park that plane to immigration and then to the train station your train probably would’ve been gone.

You have absolutely no room room for the plane to be even 10 or 15 minutes late.

Posted by
9420 posts

I agree with Carol. Your chances of getting on the 12:38 is slim to none.

Are you checking a bag?

Posted by
27104 posts

You may already be aware of this: There are trains departing Gare Montparnasse for Rennes at 3:26 PM, 4:56 PM, 5:15 PM and 5:59 PM. Those are all direct from Paris to Rennes, and all would get you to your destination much faster than the 6:48 PM train from CDG.

Posted by
117 posts

I've taken these trains from CDG and there is NO WAY you can make this connection. As others have suggested, after arriving at CDG, take the bus direct to Gare Montparnasse and then take the TGV from there to Rennes.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you all. This is very helpful.
It seems that going to the Gare Montparnasse and catching the 3:26 to Rennes is our best bet.

Posted by
383 posts

If this is a trip you've already booked then going into Paris is your best bet. But if you haven't then my preference would be to spend the arrival day in Paris. No matter how delayed your plane(s) you're likely to end up in Paris that day. You can leave for Rennes at your choice of times the next morning and can travel on the cheapest fare (advance purchase, non-refundable) since you're pretty confident you'll make the train.