Please sign in to post.

Train from CDG to Reims ?

We will be joining a Rick Steves tour in Reims in Mid May of this year, and would like to take the train directly from CDG rather than going into the city to the central train station. Has anyone done this? Would appreciate any advise re logistics. Is this a better idea? It seems less expensive and easier than taking a taxi into Paris, although we may need to change trains en route. (Our flight will get in about 0700 on a Saturday). Thanks

Posted by
4 posts

According to http://www.trainline.eu (formerly Captain Train, my favorite train ticket site--much easier than SNCF) it looks like the TGV stops at the airport on its way to Reims. The Reims TGV station is a couple of kilometers from the center of town (vs. the other Reims station) and your ticket gets you all the way into town. One example is:

11:08 Aéroport-Paris-Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle CDG - 11:37 Champagne-Ardenne TGV (8km from Reims)

(12 min transfer)

11:49 Champagne-Ardenne TGV (8km from Reims) - 11:54 Reims Maison Blanche

The old train station is beautiful.
Bonne chance!

Posted by
39 posts

Thanks so very much for the information. I just verified that our flight gets in to CDG, assuming all goes well with connections, etc., at 5:45 a.m. I'll definitely check the website you suggested, but wondering if you noted if there is an earlier train.

Are advance tickets required or is it Ok to wait and buy them at the airport station? I believe they are nonrefundable.

Thanks again, Carleen

Posted by
4684 posts

The discount TGV tickets are nonrefundable, so you may want to get tickets at the airport in case your flight gets delayed.

More TGV trains from CDG stop at the Champagne-Ardennes station, which is out of town but linked to central Reims by a fairly frequent tramway service.

Posted by
346 posts

Hi Carleen. We are traveling directly from CDG to Reims in May also, and I had originally thought that we would train there before picking up a rental car in Reims, both because we prefer not to drive immediately after the long flight, but also because I assumed it would be less expensive to pick up the car a day later. But in shopping it both ways, I found it simpler and less expensive to get the rental car at CDG and make the fairly short drive to Reims, without waiting an hour or two for the train. Another advantage is if your flight is delayed and you miss you train, you will not be out the money. If you will be getting a rental car, consider checking it out.

Posted by
16893 posts

On May 13, the fastest trains depart CDG TGV station at roughly 9:00, 11:00, and 12:45, each with one connection at Champagne-Ardenne station. The schedule is similar most days but different on Sundays.