Please sign in to post.

Train from Avignon to Paris

I’m trying to book our train trip on oui.sncf. I have picked a time...it is a ouigo train....whatever that is? But, I can’t ever get to the screen for payment or select how I want to receive our tickets. Help and many thanks.

Posted by
8889 posts

Ouigo is SNCF's cut price brand to compete with cheap airlines and buses.
It has a number of cost-saving measures and restrictions compared with normal SNCF trains.

• No restaurant car or buffet on board
  • Check in required some time before departure.
  • Luggage limits
  • Some trains operate from Marne la Vallée, in the suburbs where Disneyland Paris is. Inconvenient and time-consuming to reach from central Paris

More info here: https://www.seat61.com/France-trains.htm#Ouigo

Posted by
16893 posts

The steps I see from oui.sncf include a big ribbon - it doesn't look much like a button but it is - that says "Select this outbound journey," then pretty self-explanatory steps to continue your order. These tickets are only sent by email. You probably want to download their app for storing and displaying the ticket. You can also go straight to www.ouigo.com if you know that you do prefer those schedules and prices.

Posted by
73 posts

Use the “EUtrain” train app.
In English. No commission fees. Rates quoted in dollars. Ouigo train and all other trains are listed. I’ve never had a problem with Ouigo. I always take cheapest - works just fine.
This app is extremely user friendly. Try it.

Posted by
159 posts

I've never had a problem with the site or paying with my us credit card. You can only make reservations within 3 months of your trip. Could that be the problem?? sue