Please sign in to post.

traffic ticket

So one of our rental cars on our recent trip was an Alpha Romeo Guila, which my hubby had a great time driving. Too much fun. We got a notice from Sixt that he got a ticket. So far we haven't gotten anything from the ticketing authority -- only the notice from Sixt that they will be charging us $15 or so admin fee. Do I just wait to see if I actually get a bill in the mail? Am I supposed to take some kind of action?
Thanks!

Posted by
23178 posts

Nope - It could take a year to get you. That is common in Italy. Some reports are that the French do not chase the tourists for the violations but who knows. When you get the formal notice, there will be instructions for paying.

Posted by
7981 posts

Wow - it is usually between 40 and 60$ for the notification by the rental company. With any luck you will never see the ticket. We have received them 6 mos or so after leaving the country and paid on line then.

Posted by
2916 posts

I recently got a 20 euro charge from Hertz, presumably for a traffic ticket in France. I notice that one commenter said it took 6 months to get the actual ticket, another said 2-3 weeks. And apparently some never get the ticket. I assume that once I get the ticket, if I do, there won't be an increased charge if I pay promptly. I'd be happy (well, maybe not happy) to pay right now, but I don't have a ticket.