Please sign in to post.

Tour De France 2024

I know there are cycling sport enthusiasts here, for those and others who are planning a trip to France next year, know that the Tour de France itinerary for 2024 has been published

It will take place from June 29 with a start in Florence, Italy, until July 21 with a final in Nice.

(no final in Paris due to the Olympic games)

It goes without saying that booking accommodation well in advance in the cities where "Le Tour" will pass will be strongly recommended.

The 2024 route map is available here:

https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route

Posted by
2407 posts

I hope they have a ceremony at Marco Pantani’s grave in Censenatico before stage 2

Posted by
9420 posts

Thanks for posting this JoLui.
Wow, no grand finale in Paris… that’s gonna be weird for me.
I’ve been an avid fan since 2001 and will be watching in 2024 just to see my favorite rider take home his 35th record breaking Stage win!

Posted by
1188 posts

Kim: it would be amazing (and amazingly difficult) to find a way to get the riders to the track on top of the Fiat building in Turin :-)

Posted by
1321 posts

Not the first time it won't end on the Champs but weird anyway. Cav will just have to win in Nice!!!

Posted by
9580 posts

Oh my gosh how amazing would that be -- I mean, they could just ride up the ramps like the folks in the Italian Job (or did they ride down ?)

Posted by
9420 posts

The TdF Finish has been on the Champs since 1975, and always in Paris since 1905, so yeah, quite a change this year. Final Stage will be a TT… another interesting change.

As long as Cav wins the record it will be a good Tour.

Posted by
8060 posts

I wondered how this was being handled with the Olympics. Brilliant to have it end in Nice. Watching it on TV is always a highlight of the summer for us. Although each year I wish the announcer would give more information about the scenery.

Posted by
7361 posts

We already booked our place in Nice. We’re trying to figure out whether to also see a stage in the Pyrenees, and how to do that a few days prior to the final 2 stages without having to park for 3 days on a mountainside, before the road gets shut for the race.

It could be verrrry interesting with the second individual Time Trial stage of the 2024 Tour happening on the final day … the GC might not all be settled at the end of Stage 20, and there’s not going to be a Sprint finish for Stage 21. Place Messina will be the Place to be!

Le Tour has started in countries other than France a lot lately - wonder if Christian Prudhomme would consider a future Tour starting in the USA sometime?!?

Posted by
2407 posts

It has been considered to start in the French Caribbean but I think itbwas rejected because of difficult logistics. In the US I think the closing of roads for the required time is unlikely. Plus what about the commercial caravan before the race. It would be nice though.