Please sign in to post.

Taxi stand

How do they mark them in Paris, please?
I tried Google Maps 3D in the places, where R. Steves suggested, but there is no indication of taxi...

Posted by
138 posts

Have you tried googling taxi stands in Paris? I don’t know if you’re looking for a map or a list, but the first 4 or 5 entries under that search shows several websites with Parisian taxi stands.

Posted by
8093 posts

In my experience Taxi stands except at very busy spots like Bastille and of course train stations, rarely have sitting taxis --- we never relied on them when we needed a taxi for example for the airport but always ordered those ahead. We have had apartments near taxi stands many times in Paris and almost never saw taxis at them, although I suppose if you stood there one might stop.

Posted by
3725 posts

Here is a list of locations: http://www.taxis-paris.fr/telephone-bornes-taxis.htm#bornes. As noted above, the existence of a taxi stand does not mean taxis will be there when you need one. Last time I was in Paris (summer 2019), there was major work going on around Bastille and the taxi stand was not at Place de la Bastille. There was one on a Rue Saint Antoine in front of Lenotre. I walked past that stand several times per day and saw a single taxi there once. Bastille used to always have taxis but until the work in the area is done, I think not. I lived for a summer near Place Vendome and that stand seems to always have cars. I’ve also had good luck at Place Monge. The signs to indicate the stands are usually, but not always, blue and white and say Taxi on them. Here is a picture: https://www.google.com/search?q=paris+taxi+stand&rlz=1C9BKJA_enFR590US590&hl=en-US&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjC7fbBtu3kAhWFLn0KHVy3CxQQ_AUoAnoECA8QAg&biw=834&bih=1003#imgrc=JsAjoA5XoLKqhM&imgdii=SuEfNuLpSB3-IM

Posted by
97 posts

I was there recently and I recall that there is a sign with the word 'Taxi' on it. I walked up to the stand outside of Gare St. Lazare and there were about 10 cars waiting. I did see other locations around Paris where there were no cars waiting at the stands however. Also, the map in the back of Rick's 2019 France guide has the locations listed.