Please sign in to post.

Sweet/Dessert Wines of France

We would like to hear suggestions for vineyard tours OUTSIDE of Paris that offer sweet or dessert wines to taste. Just interested in a day-trip from Paris and back to the city that evening. Cheers to sweet or dessert wine tastings!

Posted by
6113 posts

You asked the same question a few weeks ago. Most of the sweet wines are produced too far south to be a short train journey for a day trip from Paris.

Posted by
619 posts

Coteaux du Layon is a sweet wine made in nothern France. Domaine BODINEAU appear to do tours for the general public, and are located not far from Saumur in the Loire valley. I have not checked transport from Paris to Saumur, but while in the area you could also sample their famous sparkling and red wines, as well as a wide variety of whites.

Posted by
738 posts

Desert wines are also made in Vouvray, an hour from Paris by train.

Posted by
12 posts

Dear Bob and Simon.... Thank you for taking time to direct me to some specific locations for sweet/dessert wines located near Paris. We will be sure to enjoy our first-time visit and tastes of French wines. Cheers to you for your help and assistance. We promise to have a great time thanks to your suggestions. Kandy

Posted by
2916 posts

Coteaux de Layon/Quarts de Chaume (all Chenin Blanc) are among the best dessert wines in France, and probably the closest to Paris. However, getting there and back for a day trip would be difficult if not impossible. The drive is about 7 hours round trip. I don't know what public transportation is like.