Please sign in to post.

Strasbourg restaurant recommendations

Any restaurant recommendations for dinner in Strasbourg. We would like to experience Alsatian cuisine, but it doesn't need to be too formal. We will be there for two nights and would like start off with a nice dinner.

Posted by
408 posts

I would recommend a good seafood restaurant I've visited a few times when in town (La Cambuse) but it's not Alsatian, assuming you're referring to pork and choucroute and stuff like that. It might be a bit fancier than you're seeking as well.

Posted by
3244 posts

We had a great meal at le Tire Bouchon on our first night in Strasbourg in 2015. I'm surprised by the reviews in English calling this place touristy - we didn't hear any other English-speaking voices when we were there. My husband's ham knuckle with muenster cheese melted on top was amazing. If there are only two of you, don't order the dessert sampler - it was way too much food.

https://www.letirebouchon.fr/fr/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

Posted by
3160 posts

The most Alsatian meal would be choucroute. I had a fabulous one at the highly regarded Au Pont du Corbeau on the Quai St. Nicholas. For an outstanding lunch, try Porcus. It’s a remarkable small resto above the charcuterie. Located at 6 Place du Temple Neuf, it’s only open for lunch and arrive early or make reservations.

Posted by
34 posts

My wife and I were in Strasbourg in Nov ,17. Out of the blue we stopped in at Les Saveurs du Midi just prior to their closing for dinner preparations. They allowed us to stay and to order dessert as well. The food was excellent.

Posted by
6525 posts

Only spent one night in Strasbourg in 2012 and we ate at La Marseillaise. Can’t remember what we ate, but we enjoyed the restaurant and service.

Posted by
8 posts

We had two GREAT meals in Strasbourg and highly recommend:

Brasserie Les Haras - awesome building (check out pictures on Tripadvisor), terrific food, great service. Upscale, modern, creative.

Restaurant Fink'Stuebel - traditional Alsacian cuisine done gourmet! Excellent food, huge portions, the owners were awesome. They kept bringing us new stuff to try and so friendly and informative. Honestly, the rest of my experiences with Alsacian cuisine were vaguely disappointing after eating here.