Please sign in to post.

Strasbourg hotel

I will be visiting Strasbourg in March for a day or two trip down memory lane. I spent 6 months there in college (in the 80s ack!). Looking for hotel recommendation, probably near cathedral, good for solo female traveler. Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and safe. 2-3 stars and no elevator is fine, but character is a plus. TIA!

Posted by
180 posts

sounds like you are describing the hotel Gutenberg, Check it out, you might really like it

Posted by
2916 posts

sounds like you are describing the hotel Gutenberg, Check it out, you might really like it

That used to be my standard recommendation for Strasbourg. But the last time I looked at their web site, it looked like they totally redesigned the interior, and it doesn't look so charming. But it's worth a look, as we loved it the times we stayed there many years ago.

Posted by
9460 posts

Robert — same for me regarding the Gutenberg. Last time I looked at their website I thought the place looked horrible — too modern and garish. Such a shame as I used to like staying there.

Posted by
5697 posts

And if you really want student style memories -- Residence Hoterliere Louise, which has bare-bones (but comfortable) rooms with kitchenette facilities, and laundry room in the basement.

Posted by
46 posts

Thanks to all for the advice! Will be doing some comparison shopping with these places and those in the RS book.