Please sign in to post.

Strasbourg

Will be in Strasbourg mid May 2016 staying at Hotel Rohan. One full day we will take the Pearls of Alcase tour with Orphorus. We also have 1 full day to hit the highlights of Strasbourg. My main interest is having a Catholic guide take me through the Cathedral, a guide that can explain Church History and is familiar with the sacred aspects of the Cathedral. The other things I'm considering would be a Botarama tour and a tour of Petite France. Any suggestions for a tour guide for the Cathedral, places to eat, bakeries, shops with locally made items, and whether we should have a guide for Petite France would be appreciated.

Posted by
3159 posts

Don't know about private guides but the TI sells a pass that includes the Boatarama tour, entries to other sights either free or at reduced rates and has an audio guide and map for a 2 hour walking tour describing the sights and the history including Petite France. Two wonderful restaurants with great local food are Porcus and Restaurant Au Pont Carbeau - traditional choucroute garnie is a must. I stayed at the hotel Rohan and its central location was great, rooms were nice, staff helpful. It's a great little city.

Posted by
11613 posts

From the Strasbourg Cathedral website:

•You can also participate in Guided Tours through Cathedral. Reservations can be made at the Internet address www.strasbourg.com.

I would assume these guides are well versed in Catholic tradition and practice, but you might email your question to the website.

Posted by
22 posts

Thanks to everyone for your advice and I appreciate any more to come. Zoe I tried the Strasbourg web site but keep getting "server not found".