Please sign in to post.

Strasbourg/Colmar

Hi,
I want to see colmar and then return to the airport. The train connection from Strasbourg is better. We have 2 days. Can we take a train from Paris to Strasbourg and rent a car to Colmar ? What is better to see the are in 2 days?

Posted by
11169 posts

Why Colmar? After wonderful Strasbourg, visit one of the charming wine villages such as Riquewehr or Kayserburg. We did not care for Colmar at all.

Posted by
13966 posts

I loved Colmar! I spent 3 nights there in April 2022 with the intent of going to Strasbourg one of my full days but I was really enjoying the vibe of Colmar and found a lot to see so just stayed put. You can easily take the train from Strasbourg to Colmar and then it's walkable to the city center.

Which airport are you returning to? The Strasbourg Airport or Paris? I'd not want to try to get to Paris on a flight day. The train journey from Paris to Strasbourg is a bit under 2 hours BUT it's a fast train and it covers a distance of 300 miles so quite a distance.

Posted by
6569 posts

We based ourselves in Colmar and took the train to Strasbourg and back. The historic center of Colmar is a mile from the train station but there’s a free bus you can take. It starts and ends its loop at the train station.

Posted by
20147 posts

There are buses to Kayersberg from in front of Colmar train station.