Please sign in to post.

st tropez

I am planning to visit st tropez this june 1st as part of my honeymoon trip and the main reason being its sandy beaches as the rest of the trip will be going to cities without beaches.

did anyone ever go first of june? is the weather nice and not cold? and is the place lively? we are aiming for fun beaches and nightlife

thanks

Posted by
2456 posts

For sand and nightlife on a budget, consider Juan les Pins a little farther east, on the Antibes peninsula. If budget is not a concern, then by all means enjoy St. Tropez. Note that the J-l-P beaches are sandy, so the water is less blue. Those sapphire beaches tend to be pebbly rather than sandy.

Posted by
3696 posts

I was there during the end of May and the weather was beautiful. It is a very 'trendy' town and things were expensive. For another beach town that was wonderful I like St. Maxime's... it is to the east of St. Tropez and had a nice sandy beach with a carousel along the water. The town offered lots of shops, restaurants and a nice market. Also had all the chairs and umbrellas to rent.