Please sign in to post.

St Paul de Vence

I would appreciate any comments from travelers who have visited St. Paul de Vence; perhaps a place for a bite to eat, or a glass of wine, routes to walk, etc.
Jon

Posted by
205 posts

It is pretty small. I would just wander around til you find a cafe. That's what I did. Sorry not that helpful!

Posted by
11208 posts

La Columbe d’Or is very well known and highly rated, a destination restaurant.
There are other more modest places there too.

Posted by
10230 posts

Over the years, we've been several times but always have eaten at small, local places that a distant family member who lives there knows. It's a place to wander. The restaurant Suki mentioned has a famous history and artwork.

Posted by
7688 posts

We visited St. Paul de Vence about ten years ago and loved it. We had done a river cruise on the Rhone/Saone from Lyon to Arles and visited some places in Provence.

It is a small stone village on a hill well preserved. One of the oldest medieval towns on the French Riviera.
It like a smaller French version of Rothenberg ob der Tauber in Germany or Brugges in Belgium.

Posted by
7042 posts

I went to St Paul de Vence as a day trip from Nice. I can't comment on places to eat because I had visited the market in Nice that morning and took some goodies along in my day bag to munch on while touring so didn't eat at any cafes or restaurants. I did sit at an outdoor cafe and had a glass of wine when I needed a short rest from walking around but I don't remember the name or even where it was. I'm a very very amateur photographer so I just wandered around the town taking pics - it was a beautiful, fascinating, and photogenic place and I was absorbed for hours. I also got sucked into staying and watching a bunch of guys playing Petanque (along the line of bocce, boules, etc), that was so fun to watch and take photos of. It was my favorite of my day trips from Nice.