Please sign in to post.

Southern France My Way Tour 2024

Hello fellow travellers. We are seasoned travellers who like to join RS tours. We've gone on three in the past, and next year will be our first My Way tour.

I'd like to talk with others who have been on this tour, but I can't figure out how to do a search on this forum. Yes, I've read the tour reviews, but they are generally short and sweet.

One question we have is what to do after the tour ends in Nice. We usually like to tack on a few extra days in Europe before flying back to the US, and we like to ride trains. So we were thinking of taking the train to Geneva and spending a couple of days in that area. I've looked at the schedule and realize that it's a long trip, but we find those interesting to see the countryside. We've been to Italy three times already, but just visited Switzerland in the Berner Oberland area so we thought that a different part of Switzerland would be fun to do.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted by
6509 posts

Can't help you re Switzerland, but why go there when there's so much to see nearby in southern France? You could spend some more time in or near Nice visiting places like Antibes, Villefranche, Eze, or Monaco. You could take a scenic train ride to Marseilles, much of it along the Mediterranean, see the sights there, then train to Aix or Arles (if you didn't go there from Avignon on the tour). Rent a car and explore the Luberon and/or Cotes du Rhone. I just spent about two weeks in Provence and could have used more time.

Hopefully you've visited Paris before this trip, but, if not, run, don't walk, back to that great city.

There's good rail service from Provence to Paris, or straight back to CDG if you want, or you could fly home "open jaw" from Nice, Marseilles, Lyon, or elsewhere.

Posted by
2673 posts

I found these trip reports from the France my way tour:

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/trip-reports/my-way-france-before-during-and-after-the-rs-tour

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/trip-reports/my-ways-tour-france-2019-june-25th-july-8th-five-days-in-paris

I entered “France my way trip report” in the search window. There’s probably more. The search feature is not the greatest. You might try playing around with the search terms.

And hopefully you'll get some reposes here.

Posted by
674 posts

Thank you, Carrie. Where did you find the search window? Usually on any forum I do a search first, but couldn't find a way to search here.

Posted by
2375 posts

naalehuretiree

Click on the horizontal bars on the upper left. It's a search for the entire site, but after you add your search it will give you choices including the forum. You can then chose how recent to limit the search.